As a consequence of the Coronavirus outbreak, all future Parish Council meetings normally held at the Resource Centre will be postponed indefinitely. The Annual Parish Meeting at the Community Centre, planned for April will also be suspended. It is our intention to meet remotely until further notice.
The Parish Council has agreed to the following actions with immediate effect;
- To make support for Coronavirus related matters the first priority of the contingency fund (£8,000) from the Parish Council budget 2020/21.
- To use the contingency fund to support the work of existing groups in the village which are expected to need additional finance or extra logistical support to meet increased needs.
- The groups we envisage requiring support would be: the Food Bank, the Churches’ and Salvation Army groups, the Lunchtime Meals group, Gordano Cars, Children’s Centre groups and the Library.
- To encourage villagers to suggest other groups which might benefit from help.
- To liaise with Cohens Pharmacy and Heywood Family Practice to find out how the PC could most effectively assist them in their front line work.
- To use the PC website and distribution opportunities to publicise how people can get help. Whilst this is, of course, a jump into the unknown, the Parish Council hopes that these initial measures clearly show that we are ready and willing to support those activities which are of obvious benefit to the people of greatest need in our community. The Parish Council is very proud of the steadfast community spirit and resilience shown by everyone in the village and would urge you to follow developments on the excellent Pill Coronavirus Community Support Facebook Group.
In the meantime thank you all for your efforts and for showing kindness to everyone.
Paul Kent on behalf of the Parish Council.